Annual General Report
September 2018 - October 2019
PCHOUM BEN Ceremony on Saturday 6th October 2018
Held at Amaravati Buddhist Monastery. Funds raised during Bang Skaul Ceremony
from the community by Dr Sambath Heng and Mr Tan Nam, were donated on behalf
of the community, directly to the temple at the end of the Ceremony.
There were great numbers of our community’s members beautifully turned
up in TRADITIONAL costume Highlighting our beautiful culture, the attendance
of the Royal Embassy of Cambodia staff members, and the families. Followed by
AGM from 1pm.-3pm.
CAMBODIAN NEW YEAR Celebration on Saturday 13th April 2019
- Ceremony opening and greeting speech by Mrs Sobopha Owen
- Introduction of the New Executive members for year 2019
- Introduction the New Executive members of Student Association group to the
UK year 2019 by Ms Sreilak Hour.
- Greeting Speech by Her Excellency Dr Rathchavy Soeung, Ambassador at the
Royal Embassy of Cambodia to the UK
- The Buddhist Ceremony was conducted by Mr Tan Nam: requesting the Three
Refuges, Five Precepts and Bang Skaul
- Chanting blessing by five Monks and two Nuns, included Sister Bodhipala
from Amaravati Buddhist Monastery.
- Dharma talk by Sister Bodhipala to bless the Cambodian New Year 2019.
- Funds raised from the community by Mrs Rina Tan, in respect of Bang Skaull,
were donated to the Monks at the end of Ceremony
- Food offering to Monks, by the guests and the community members.
- From 14.00pm-14.20pm: Special guest speaker Cllr. Mrs Clare Potter, Speaker
of Hackney Council
- 14.25: Opening the Cultural show: Blessing dance by Miss Alison Sam-Bernard.
- Two songs by Mr Samley Hong
- YIKE Musical by: Mr&Mrs Sam Bernard, Mrs Van Kingston, Mrs Dinal Blomfield,
Mrs Sovann Rovai.
- The dance of Tai Chi performed by our Tai Chi Teacher Mr Tang How and Mrs
- Musical: comedy song by Mrs Sam Bernard, performed by Mrs Dinal Blomfield
and Mr Chhean Seng.
- A thank you speech by Mrs Sobopha Owen on behalf of Cambodian Society in
the UK, the Executive committee members to Performers, guest speakers, all
National/international guests. and wished everyone A happy year of the Pig!
- Distribution of flowers, gifts to performers by our senior members Mr Tann
Nam, Mrs Tan Mien, Tan Chea, Special guests: Her-Dr Rathchavy Soeung, Prof.Dr
IN Sophal Counsellor, Mr Preap Pintheary 1st Secretary, Mr Sovanneth khun
- Opening the Ball, first dance with Live Music performed by Cambodian Musicians
from France are honoured to celebrate our Special day. All guests were standing
up dancing cheering for the prosperous year 2019-20.
- DISCO Dancing until 22.00pm.
- General Manager: Mrs Suphali Unn-Nesbit
- Book keeper/Reception/Raffles sale: Mr Sinang Chrea, Ms Sudari Unn, Mr Dennis
Rhadsky-Fisher, Mr Oudamketya Bell, Mrs Seakhy Lay, Mr Hazan Illyasak
- DJ by Mr Sorel Nou
- Stage Presenter: Mr Chhaysrun Chrun
- Stage Assistant& extra disco lights designer: Mr Dennis Rhadsky-Fisher.
- Goods Transportation: Mr Saroeuy Long
- General Assistant: Ms Sreilak Hour, Mr Pitou Keo,
- Food catering provider: Mrs Sunami Nou, Mrs Siena Tan-Chea, Mrs Chan Chea,
Ms Pranee Nou, Mrs Suphali Unn-Nesbit, Mrs Tan Mien, Mr Usaly Tan,Mrs Dany
Mann, the Royal Embassy of Cambodia, All commnity’s members and all
- Kitchen manager: Mrs Dinal Blomfield. And Mrs Sambo Long
- Coordinator for Musicians from FRANCE, transportation: Mrs Suphali Unn-Nesbit.
- Photographer: Mr Sokphea Young.
- Stage/hall decoration team:
- Mrs Sobopha Owen, Mrs Dinal Blomfield, Mr Pierre Palluet, 4 students.
- Clear up team after the Party:
- Mrs Sobopha Owen, Mr Pierre Paluet, Mrs Dinal Blomfield, Ms Pranee Nou.
Ms Sudari Unn
- Mr Saroeuy Long, Mr Dennis Rhadsky-Fisher and his Friend.
We are honoured by the number of guests, including:
- Monks and Nuns from Amaravati Buddhist Monastery.
- The Royal Embassy of Cambodia to the UK, the family and all staff members.
- Cllr Clare Potter.
- Seniors members and community’s members travelled far from around
the UK and abroad.
- Cambodian community living in France.
- Mr Lai the Chairman of The VLC and staff members have kindly helped to make
the venue available for our Special day.
- Our home growth Performers team.
- The Cambodian live band from France.
We are touched and thankful to all new and existing members, travelled from
far distances to support our Traditional National day. We all had a fantastic
INTERNATIONAL Thod Pha Pa Fund raising event on Sunday 23rd
June to support Chithurst Buddhist Monastery. Donation raised by International
team organiser, received on the day was forwarded directly to
All others generous donations on the day were recorded in the visitor’s
|To support the Khmer New Year Celebration year 2019,
the generous donations from:
|Her Execellency Dr Rathchavy Soeung
|Mrs Sobopha Owen
|Mr& Mrs Tan Chea
|Mr &Mrs Siribuddh Pen
|Mrs Moeng Phok
|Mr Chey Ratha
1- Sunday 3rd November 2019 from 10am-7-30pm.
@ The Buddhist Monastery Chithurst Petersfield:
Chithurst Buddhist Monastery
Chithurst (W. Sussex), Petersfield,
Hampshire GU31 5EU
2- Sunday 10th November 2019 from 10am-7-30pm.
@ The Buddhist Monastery Amaravati:
St. Margarets Lane
Hertfordshire HP1 3BZ
CAMBODIAN NEW YEAR CELEBRATION 2020
Saturday 18th April 2020 at:
VLC COMMUNITY CENTRE
Vietnam-Laos-Cambodia Community Centre
151 Whiston Road
London E2 8BN
PCHOUM BEN FESTIVAL
Saturday 12th September 2020
@ Amaravati Buddhist Monastery (see above information):
On behalf of Cambodian Society in the UK, our executive committee members,
I would like to extend our thank you for your continued supports & helps
in promoting our Culture and tradition with the principal of dedication to maintain
the community spirit together as a big family.
With good wishes of good lucks and many happy returns.
On behalf of Casunik Executive committee members
Mrs Sobopha Owen