Annual General Report October 2017-Septmber 2018
PCHOUM BEN Ceremony on Saturday 16th September 2017 at Amaravati
Buddhist Monastery. Funds raised during Bang Skaul Ceremony from the community
by Dr Sambath Heng and Mr Tan Nam were donated directly to the temple at the
end of the Ceremony.
There were great numbers of our community’s members beautifully turned
out in traditional costume, the attendance of the Royal Embassy of Cambodia
staff members, and the families. Followed by AGM from 2pm.-4pm.
Winter gathering Party: Sunday 3rd December 2017 at the VLC
Community Centre from 6pm-mid night.
Children meeting with Santa for a special gifs(from Parents) & Chocolate
(from Casunik). There were good numbers of guests and community’s members
CAMBODIAN NEW YEAR Celebration on Saturday 14th April 2018:
- Ceremony opening and greeting speech by Mrs Sobopha Owen
- Introduction of the New Executive members for year 2018
- Introduction the member of Student Association group to the UK year 2018
by Ms Sovanvattey Chan.
- Greeting Speech by Her Excellency Dr Rathchavy Soeung, Ambassador at the
Royal Embassy of Cambodia to the UK for five minutes.
- The Buddhist Ceremony was conducted by Mr Tan Nam: requesting the Three
Refuges, Five Precepts and Bang Skaul
- Chanting blessing by five Monks and Nuns, Sister Bodhipala from Amaravati
- Funds raised from the community by Dr Sambath Heng during Bang Skaull (amount
approx. £787.10) were donated to the Monks at the end of the Ceremony
- Dharma talk by Sister Bodhipala to bless the Cambodian New Year 2018.
- Gifts Monks packs donated from Casunik, the Royal Embassy of Cambodia and
the community’s members.
Food offering to Monks, followed by the guests and the community members.
- From 1.50pm-14.30pm: A speech legal was conducted by National Black Crown
Prosecutors (NBPCA), the legal team employed by CPS. Speakers:
Olive Essien, Delores Barratt, Rosalind Fox (Cambodian), Bandana Batra, Meena
Ruperl. Subject: Racial hate crimes and its impact to the
public, Domestic violence and its impact on the community by Delores Barrat,
Data Protection & Harassment by Rosalind Fox.
- This was followed byTraditional & Cultural show:
- Stage presenters: Mr Vuthy Udom & Ms Chanvolak Nousovath
- Wishing dance by Mrs Dinal Blomfield.
- Flowers dance by our home growth new star Ms Sabrina Keo-Pich.
- Tai Chi by Mr Tang How & Mrs Tann Kim
- Traditional comic chat show by Mrs Dinal Blomfield & Mr Chheang
- Songs by: Mr Dayanny So, Mrs Van Kingston, Mrs Sovan Rovai, Mr Naden
Poan, Mr Samley Hong (France)
- Traditional Chhay YAM, leaded by Mr Kakada Pich and Mrs Rithy keo Pich
- Dancers: Mrs Nory Hradsky-Fisher, Dinal Blomfield, Sovann Rovai, Sinoun
- Dennis Hradsky-fisher, Chariya Von, Sovathiro Mao, Korm Keo Oudom,
- End of the shows, a thank you speech by Mrs Sobopha Owen on behalf of
Executive committee members to:
- Performers, guest speakers, all National/international guests.
- Distribution of flowers, gifts to performers,by our seniors members:
Mr &Mrs Tan Chea, Mr Tann Nam, Mr Sorel Nou, Her excellency, Dr Rathchavy
Soeung, Counsellor Chey Ratha and team members from the Royal Embassy
of Cambodia. All guests were standing up dancing, cheering for the prosperous
- First opening dance’s song performed by Mr Dayanny So and the
- Live Music from the VLC Centre leaded by Mr Lai (the Chairman of theVL)
& 4 team members beautiful pieces of live music, Xaxophone melodies
with attendance of Mr Samley Hong, followed by Cambodian Disco Dancing,
Ramvong until 10.30pm.
We had a very enjoyable full day Celebration.
- Support team:
- General Manager: Mrs Suphali Unn-Nesbit
- Book keeper / Reception / Raffles sale: Mr Sinang Chrea, Ms Rachana
Pich, Ms Sabrina Pich, Mr Dennis Radsky-Fisher, two students
- DJ Traditional Khmer Ramvong and Disco dancing: Mr Sorel Nou, with Assistance
of Mr Nadenh Poan.
- General Assistant: Ms Sovanvattey Chan & the student group
- Food catering provider: Mrs Sunami Nou, Mrs Siena Tan-Chea, Mrs Chan
Chea, Ms Pranee Nou, Mrs Suphali Unn-Nesbit, Mrs Bopha Chan Pak-Samay,
Mrs Raksmey Moung,Mr&Mrs Kakada, Rithy Keo-Pich, All commnity’s
members and all guests.
- Stage/hall decoration team:
- Mrs Sobopha Owen, Mr Chariya Von, Mr Pierre Palluet, 4 students
- Clear up team after the Party:
- Mrs Sobopha Owen, Mr Sinang Chrea,, Mr&Mrs Sorel, Nami Nou,Suniro
Nou, Ms Sophine Nou, Ms Pranee Nou, Mr Dayanny So, Mrs Visal So, Mr Pierre
Palluet ,Staff members from the Royal Embassy of Cambodia
Goods transporter: Mr Saroeuy Long
- We are honoured by the number of guests, including:
- Monks and Nuns from Amaravati Buddhist Monastery.
- The Royal Embassy of Cambodia to the UK, the family and all staff members.
- The legal team from CPS.
- Seniors members and community’s members travelled far from around
the UK and abroad.
- Cambodian community living in France.
- Mr Lai the Chairman of The VLC and staff members.
- Performers team
We are touched and thankful to all new and existing members, travelled from
far distances to support our Traditional National day. The venue was completely
full and we all had a fantastic time!
INTERNATIONAL Thod Pha Pa: fund raising event on Sunday 17th June 2018
to support Chithurst Buddhist Monastery. Donation raised by International team
organiser, received on the day was forwarded directly to the temple
Special Recognitions: To support Pchoum Ben activities: Saturday 16th September
2017, the generous donation from:
- Mr&Mrs Siribudh Pen: £30.00.
- Mr&Mrs Moeng Phok :£35.00.
To support Xmas party activites on Sunday 3rd December 2017, the generous donation
- Her Excellency Dr Rathchavy Soeung: £200.00
- Mr Ged Scrivener :£50.00.
- All extras generous donations on the day were recorded in the visitor’s
To support the Khmer New Year Celebration year 2018, the generous donations
- Her Execellency Dr Rathchavy Soeung £500.00.
- HE Chea Davuth £400.00
- Mrs Sobopha Owen £200.00
- Mr Usaly Tan £165.00
- Mr& Mrs Tan Chea £120.00
- All others generous donations on the day were recorded in the visitor’s
- The Buddhist Monastery Chithurst Petersfield: Sunday 11th November 2018
- The Buddhist Monastery Amaravati, Hemel Hampstead: Sunday 18th November
To ensure the availability of the venue, we have booked ahead
- The Cambodian New Year Celebration will be on Saturday 13th April 2019
at the VLC COMMUNITY CENTRE 151.
- The Pchoum Ben (Ancestors day) will be on Saturday 28th September 2019 at
Amaravati Buddhist Monastery
On behalf of our executive committee members, I would like to extend our thank
you for all the supports & helps in serving community activities for another
On behalf of Casunik Executive committee members
Mrs Sobopha Owen