Annual General Report December 2011 - September 2012
Christmas Party Saturday 10th December 2011:
It was a successful night attended by around 100 people from the community
plus friends; parents and children, teenagers, students group. There was the
opportunity to meet up with Santa Claus (Mr Mark Blomfield) and afterwards
Disco Dancing (DJ Sorel).
Khmer New Year Celebration Saturday 14th April 2012:
Approximately 200 people during the day and 150 at the evening dancing-party.
We had once again another successful event
We are very touched, despite the world economy crisis by everyone’s effort
and the time in taking part, to help to celebrate the only one Special day of
the year, highlighting the Union of a big Family.
Other Community Events
- Saturday 27th May 2012: International Visak Celebration at Chithurst Monastery
- Sunday 3rd June 2012: International Bonn Phka promoted by Mr & Mrs Tan
Nam, Mr Tan Chea, Mrs Tan Sivna, Dr & Mrs Sambath, Mr & Mrs Moeng
Phok and the religious team for fund raising event to support the new foundation
of Buddhist Temple Moni Sikkharam in France the sum of approx 9000.00 Euros
and donated directly to the Temple.
- Sunday 17th June 2012: International Thod Pha Pa fund raising event for
Chithurst Monastery. Donation received approximately 7226.00 GBP were forwarded
to the temple by Mr David Glendining and the team members.
- Friday 3rd August 2012: Casunik General Secretary Mr Usaly Tan welcomed
Mr Vath Chamroeun, Secretary General, National Olympic Committee of Cambodia
(NOCC) and some of our Khmer Olympic Team delegate members and also two of
our Olympian swimmers. Accompanied by Mr Kunthea TEP, Leader of Student Association
group in the UK, and three student members and Mr Thy Hy, adviser committee
member who is very active in the sport scene, we had a get together with our
Khmer Olympians. We were able to learn about the many activities of NOCC including
promoting sports in our homeland and raising the profile of Cambodia in the
international sport arena. One area NOCC are very keen to develop is to find
talented Cambodian sport-persons who could represent our nation in competitive
events. Casunik would do their best to link the two teams together.
- Monday 27th August 2012: A get together with Paralympics team members at
the Royal Embassy of Cambodia hosted by HE & Mrs Hor Nam Bora, Counsellor
Paul Sengky, all Embassy’s staff members, Mrs Sobopha Owen (Casunik)
to meet up HE Yi Veasna, Mrs Neuv Leakhena, Mr Mao Sochea, and the Paralympics
Champion Miss Thin Seng Hong. Once again HE Hor Nam Bora has kindly given
his advice and support to our Para-athlete Miss Thin Seng Hong.
- Pchum Ben Ceremony will be on Saturday 13th October at Amaravati Temple.
- Kathina International will be on Sunday 4th November 2012 at Chithurst
Monastery (on Ajahn Sucitto Birthday).
To ensure the availability of venue for future events, I have also made provisional
advance bookings at the VLC Centre ahead of the election of the new executive
committee (on 13th October 2012) as follows:
- The Xmas Party: Saturday 8th December 2012.
- The Khmer New Year (Chaul Chhnam): Saturday 13th April 2013.
- To support the Khmer New Year Celebration, the Royal Embassy of Cambodia
has generously donated: 500.00 GBP and another 500.00 GBP will be donated
on Saturday 13th October at Pchum Ben Ceremony.
- The VLC Centre has generously contributed: 1300.00GBP to support Casunik’s
activities for year 2012.
I would like to express my gratitude to you all for another successful year
.Your continued support and help to our community are in line with the common
aim of the Society, striving to work for the benefit of all Cambodians in the
UK thereby ensuring a positive image of Cambodia internationally.
Mrs Sobopha Owen
President of Cambodian Society in the UK